We have waited all day. We have been hopelessly trying to entertain ourselves. Anna goes to Chloe's (for the third day in row, sorry Brooke!!) She stays for a while. She comes back, but I've been busy. I went to Costco. I shopped. I rejoiced. I bought. I groaned. What do you mean, 500!
I went to Target. They don't have it. Grr. They do have this though. good. We'll just print a page off the online store. He'll understand. Maybe. We buy gingerbread. With blue bowties and red buttons.
We're ready. Hopefully. We get a pizza. It's a Petersen tradition. If you have Christmas Eve, you have pizza. We get home. We eat. After we fill up, we have some stuff to do. We deliver the last loaf of sweet bread. We give away some gingerbread. We are back at our warm home, excited. We do Christmas-Eve-y things. We start with the carols. Jogus and draperprincess play the piano.
Rudolph, Deck the Halls, Here Comes Santa Claus, Angels We Have Heard on High,The Night Before Christmas, Away in A Manger, and more. SamMan wanted to play. He just pounded on keys while we sang Jingle Bells.
And then, came storytime. I gave special presents just for the Eve. Three New Books. Each one meant something
CHRISTMAS COOKIES-A sequel to SamMan's favorite.
ANNA'S PRAYER- It has the name Anna on it. It's LDS. It's Christmas-y. What more could you want?
A CHRISTMAS DRESS FOR ELLEN- It had us at retold by: Thomas S. Monson.
We read Christmas Oranges and Christmas Cookies. It was time to go Sleepy Ni-Night. We left out cookies for Santa. We hopped in to draperprtincess's bed. And we couldn't control the joy.
And so I fell asleep at 9:30
draperprincess- 11:00
even silent night couldn't calm her down.
SNL SPOOFS OBAMA
16 years ago
2 comments:
I remember not being able to go to sleep on Christmas Eve. And I miss Pizza too - John always wants the big dinner - bummer. Hope you had a great day!
What a compliment that you read "Christmas Oranges" for your family's Christmas Eve. Thank you! (We eat pizza too. :D)
I hope 2009 is everything you're wishing for!
Sincerely,
Linda Bethers
"Christmas Oranges"
Post a Comment