(otherwise known as Beauty and the Jogus, but I think the new one fits more betterful.)

Sunday, January 11, 2009

It's Official


After reading grueling "Curse you potty training posts" written by Jen and Julie, I knew teaching SamMan how to poo-poo in the potty would not be fun. At all. So when we decided that SamMan needed to learn, I offered Mo to be a team member so she could curse potty training publicly. She said no. She says that I do her blogging for her. Her loss, I guess. Anyway, we decided to start off by getting THE POTTY MOVIE from the library. I don't know what it is about the cheesiness and utter stupidity about that movie, but SamMan has watched that movie an unpresidented 12 times. (Ok fine, 11.) He's on 13. (I give up, 12th). Yesterday we got out the Sesame Street toilet cover and had him sit. No poo or tinkle. But hey, for a first weekend, that's pretty good. He wasn't enthusiastic about the potty idea, but as he watched The Potty Movie 80 billion times, he decided to be like his new favorite movie character Henry, and try it out. I'm going to leave you with an idea of how bad the potty movie really is. The song in the movie's chorus goes like this:


Bye- Bye pee pee.


Bye-Bye poo.


Bye-Bye diapers.


Now I'm through with you.


Do you see what I'm dealing with here?

3 comments:

Brewer Bunch said...

It was very noble of you to offer to help your mom... especially after reading our nightmare stories about it... :). You truly are THE MAN, Jogus!!

Walt and Eileen said...

Josh, we love following your and your family's life on your brilliant blog! Keep it up. And, btw, good luck with the potty training. It's never easy, but worth it!
P.S. However, we can't believe that SamMan is to that age yet. He's still our little "Samual Black Petersen - adorable baby boy." Love, Grampa 'n Grama Mission

Julie said...

Hey - maybe you should bring the movie with you to Idaho this weekend and we can have a potty training fest - sound fun?

about the jogusboy...

Let's just say that I'm the most awesome person in America. (Sorry, Worthy Contenders.)

Followers