(otherwise known as Beauty and the Jogus, but I think the new one fits more betterful.)

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Domino Affect of Everything Unfortunate- A Review of Friday

(for maximum effect click the link on Brewer Bunch and read A Series of Unfortunate Events... and Have You Ever Had One Of THOSE Days?)

YES JEN, we just had one of THOSE days. YES JULIE, I was in the middle of A terrible, Horrible , No Good, Very Bad, days. YES BROOKE, we never felt guilty to have the tv on for hours.

Bad day posts are fun to read, not fun to experience.

And, it is kinda fun to reflect on.

It started, with the fact that Daddy was leaving to Tampa straight after work. So when he left at 7 in the morning, we knew we wouldn't see him until sunday night.

Great Start,isn't it? So anyway, Mo comes down-a mess,because she only had ONE HOUR of sleep the night before. That's because Baboosh comes down, and out of all days, he caught EVERYONE'S sickness. So he's coughing and sobbing, and NEWSFLASH, we figure it was going to be a LOOOOOONG day. He cried almost all morning, and Mo tried to get some sleep while we took care of SamMan.


Then, we made our to-do list. Let's just say 6- PARTS on my to-do lists. And then when I tried to do my book report, I realize that my book taught me almost nothing, and I have to write a THREE PARAGRAPH essay on the country.

Then, Dwayne invites me over. (Ok, so my day wan't completely negative.) Then, as I ride my bike over, my ungroomed hair is stuck to the helmet. Ride back home, pull it off in one big yank.


So after a couple of hours, I decide to come home and see if I can pull off anything productive.


Nada.


Soon, Mo loads everyone in the car so we can take Baboosh to the doctor. This is were the dominoe effect happens. We played with friends, which causes us to be running slow, which causes us to be in a rush, which causes me to forget my book, which causes another two hours of nothing productive. How's that for dominoes.

When Mo gets back, we discpver Baboosh has an earache AND a virus, which causes the dictors to tell her she's lucky, but it could get worse, which causes Mo to get teary wiht worry, which causes me to think it's my fault for touching him too much, which causes 20 minutes of tears and meltdown.

Which causes a phone call from Tampa to try to calm us down.

The sickness causes us to spend a lot of time at Walgreens, which causes us to get a Drive-thru dinner at Wendy's.

Which causes spills, which causes more meltdown.

And I learned mini miracles do happen, like princess telling me she'll take care of sambo, which causes me to finally talk wiht mo to let it all go.

And I learned lessons the hard way, like how hard Mo and Daddy work every day. And in the end that caused us to go to bed, and to try to forget everything that had happened.

4 comments:

Walt and Eileen said...

Josh, we hope The David&Julie, Josh, Anna, Sam, William Petersen Family has had a better day, today.
Love, Grama 'n Grampa Mission - Argentina
P.S. It seems our kids were the sickest when the doctor-dad had to be out of town, too.

Julie said...

Oh Josh, what a very sad day. I hope little one is feeling better - it is so sad when babies get sick. Hope this week is better!

Brewer Bunch said...

Wow - that really IS a no-good-very-bad-horribly-aweful day!! The best thing about those days is that they finally come to an end!!

I hope everyone is feeling better and that you all had a much better Sunday!!

Nat said...

what an amazingly crazy day! thank goodness those days are temporary, right!?! i loved how you described all the horrible details.
nat :-)

about the jogusboy...

Let's just say that I'm the most awesome person in America. (Sorry, Worthy Contenders.)

Followers